Sunday, January 30, 2011

Blessed Like Ah-Choo

As previously mentioned by both Marisa and I, we went to "Night Under the Lights" last night (apparently the title is a play on the northern lights, who would have known). Everyone looked gorgeous and I was thus distracted from the lameness that was the actual dance. 
 The always stunning Theresa during our pre formal party (she loves candy if you couldn't tell by the huge smile). I had some of that peach tart in the back, homemade and to die for. 
 I opted for a vintage inspired teased chignon with my high necked fuchsia chiffon dress paired with neutral heels, a geometric gold bracelet, and oversized amber ring. Meanwhile my friend Sara (always gorgeous, seen here) went for a 70's disco feel with her rhinestoned black dress from Express and feathered-esque curled hair
Obsessed with the sequined design on the top of Theresa's dress. It looks simple from afar, but up close it's a unique combination of gold, copper, purple, and black beads.
Kristin looked adorable in this fitted longer sleeved black lace dress. Timeless and chic, I absolutely loved it, especially on such a stunning natural blonde.  
The title of this Hoodie Allen song "Joy and Misery" perfectly depicts my senior year/my high school experience in general (I also felt it relevant to the before mentioned cliche dance). There is obvious miseries in my last year of high school and its day-to-day drudgeries/nuisances/petty annoying people, yet nonetheless it is still a joy being with my best friends in the world and not caring about anything whatsoever. It's a combination of the two. It's pure bittersweetness. Oh and the lyrics are such brilliance, I swear Hoodie is the next big thing. 



Regards,
Gabriella

No comments:

Post a Comment