Monday, January 17, 2011

Are You Not the Same As You Used to Be?


I created this set a while ago on http://www.polyvore.com/ which, if you haven't already been on, is insanely addictive. I think of it as a virtual collage-maker. You can create collages of art,fashion,words etc. and each category is updated frequently. There's a community aspect too because you can comment or "like" a set, compete in contests and be part of "groups". I'm not a huge participant but I love to go on ever so often to browse or make some inspiration for myself.





I fully intend on buying the pink/champagne gold lame blazer in a thrift shop  because it is tragically out of stock at the moment.
I named this set after on of my favorite Beach House songs which is Used to Be. I was first introduced to them when they opened for Vampire Weekend, and in my ignorance/impatience did not really pay attention because I was too excited to see Ezra in all of his greatness. After listening to the songs on iTunes I pretty much fell in love.



here is the song. . .
                                       
                                   

-Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment