Tuesday, January 4, 2011

From 1796 to 2011

Here's the slightly yucky photo I snapped
Another bit of inspiration from the museum. . . I noticed this particular painting (The Joy of Motherhood, 1796) because of the brilliant, saturated color of the young boy's suit. Seriously how luxurious does that fabric look? If only I could run off to H & M to grab a replica of his jacket.

ok now you can actually see what I'm babbling about. . .
P.S. is the title not a little misleading? I mean, I'm not a mother, but is tormenting the poor little rascal by stealing his doll supposed to make you joyous? No disrespect, Van Gorp.




But that great color made me think of the day-glo-ish colors in Jil Sander's Spring 2011 ready-to-wear collection. . .so while I can't exactly call up Raf Simons and ask him to give one of his creations to me because I deserve it (just for being me, obvi) or for kicks and giggles. . .I can aspire to afford some of these looks one day. I would probably have to have a job prior to purchasing something Jil Sander. Slight roadblock.
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment