Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Games, Jake. Silly torturous games"

While I am pushing studying for midterms out of my mind and procrastinating until I get a rude awakening about how much I actually need to re-learn, I want to share my thoughts on a classic all you kids have hopefully seen. . .Sixteen Candles. While I was watching it this afternoon, I became extremely jealous of Randy's (Samantha's best friend) earrings and matching red ensemble. Because I didn't have the distinct privilege of living in the 80's I fantasize about and glorify the era despite my mother's cautionary tales about permed hair, shoulder pads and neon spandex.


Enamored with the red vest and matching shoulder bag. . .although its hard to see them here I also love Samantha's chunky bracelets
Going bananas over her hat. . and how the"Geek" wears pastel colored button downs the entire movie

no real sartorial value here. . purely sentimental/why-can't-I-be-her. but you know, a floral wreath on your head is always cool. . .P.S. how adorable is he?! adorable enough that he can pull off a green vest.

This movie is simply to good and too full of bizarre characters/social commentary to pass up.



Going along with the 80's motif-here is one of my favorite Smiths songs (remixed) that I am currently obsessing over





-Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment