Monday, January 24, 2011

I See That Look In Her Face, She's Got That Look In Her Eye

So the other day I was watching my favorite music channel Palladia and the London Live special with Lily Allen came on. I've been a fan of her since back in the days of '07 when her first hit Smile came out and of course bought her album The Fear in '09, yet after watching the show live and seeing the interview I fell completely in love all over again. First of all, the girl is a lyrical genius. She's witty, clever, and precise in all of her songs,  yet does it in the most nonchalant badass way that leaves nothing to be desired and makes her poppy music have that much needed edge. Oh and she was also Karl Lagerfeld's muse for a while modeling for Chanel (click here if you were living under a rock and don't remember), then dramatically quit the music biz because of her hatred for the fame, money, and the Paris Hilton types that rule the business, et cetera, et cetera. The good news however is that she recently came back from "retirement" as was expected, and has started her own label titled "In the Name Of",  working with up and comers such as The Cults. 
This song "22" is one of my favorites and she performed it with such charisma I knew immediately that it had to be posted. The video is gorgeous, note the perfect bob and pewter dress with the low back that is just to die for, and I hope you enjoy it (and her) as much as I do. 



-G
For other enjoyable songs make sure to get F*** You, The Fear, Oh My God, and Who'd Have Known

No comments:

Post a Comment