Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Winter Essentials

I'm heading out to Chicago in exactly a week, and I'm already trying to decide what will be appropriate fashion-wise for the freezing freezing temperatures of the midwest that are oh so foreign to me. I stole major inspiration (to be quite honest, I almost blatantly copied) this look from one of my favorite bloggers Emily Weiss of Into the Gloss after I saw this picture of her in "5 Days 5 Looks One Girl" on Vogue.com. Sadly, most of these pieces are out of my price range, but luckily you can find almost identical ones from TopShop, Forever21, and H&M for a fraction of the cost. I've never really been into leather pants, but I have had a major change of heart lately and am seriously considering investing in some for the winter months (Alexander Wang makes the most gorgeous version that I sadly couldn't find on polyvore). The tortoise shell cat eye glasses provide protection from the blinding rays reflecting from snow and the slouchy black Alexander Wang cashmere beanie is an obvious necessity in facing mother nature's ear freezing forces. Though I don't have much credibility in the dressing-for-cold area of style, these are my inferences on what would be most chic (I avoid northfaces at all costs. We will see how long that lasts.)

Winter Essentials


I would therefore like to leave you with one final quote from my roll model of life Leandra, blogger of The Man Repeller, and entrust to you some words of wisdom that will forever guide you on your sartorial quest through life. This is a direct quote that rings true to all you girls out there questioning your style, a dilemma we all must one day face.
"Sock those sandals, tie that turban, top that knot, adjust that bow tie and let your freak flag fly high."

And with that, I will say hasta la vista my little snow bunnies,
Gabriella

No comments:

Post a Comment