Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Jaunty Jackets in February

I was originally going to just post these two looks because I simply adored them both, but I suddenly realized they share a similar statement piece that I sub consciously was drawn to (yes, I do know that Freud has nothing to do with fashion but bear with me). Both girls wear thick yet moveable wrap jackets that are effortless and cozy, not too much structure while at the same time not being too cape-like. Maybe a little light weight for those parts of the world being obliterated by winter storms right now, but in good ol' Southern Cal it's a nice 60 degrees with some wind, perfect for both of these jackets. 

This whole "ending a post with a song" thing has become somewhat of a habit for me if you have not noticed, and the main reason for this is  that my life is not all fashion all the time and thus this blog is not either (that's right ladies and gents, I do enjoy other things as well, it is shocking). Heard this one on my favorite music blog The Music IV and I'm sure it will bring a smile to your face, as Bishop Allen always does. I'm off to the wind chilled tundra that is Chicago now in search of some kind of direction in making the decision that will affect my life for the next four years.  I'm usually a pretty decisive person, but trust me college decisions throw all you thought you knew about yourself out the window. If only the plane could divert and take me to NYC for fashion week. Thus is the story of my sad life.



xox,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment