Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shades of Time

Two essential things that must be addressed from these Allure photos... 
1. Color. I am loving the rich bold colors and billowy structures. I am also on a constant quest for more voluminous hair, and this model seems to have achieved it beautifully. Eccentricity really is key right now and lately my tendency has been to move towards the bright/avant-garde/expressive colors and textures that can really make a statement.
2. 70's inspiration. I always claimed I was born in the wrong era fashion wise (Miniver Cheevy, born too late if you catch my drift), but I've recently realized how lucky we really are to have so many eras behind us to draw inspiration from and incorporate into individualized modern looks. I often like to create a new kind of "persona" per say when I get dressed each morning, telling myself that I want to be a 40's girl for the day, or a grungy punk rocker of the late 20th century, or in this case an outlandish 70's diva; it's really up to you how you pull in inspiration and incorporate the things you love from the past into your style.

Just some thoughts on this thursday,
G


Sigrid Agren for Allure Magazine Feb. '11 
Photos by Patrick Demarchelier

No comments:

Post a Comment