Monday, December 27, 2010

Polka Dot It.

I'm heading off to Mammoth tomorrow morning with the girls and I can't help but feel especially joyful at the moment. I feel like in recent years winter break trumps summer break simply because it's... 
A) one of the best times of the year fashion wise with scarves, coats, booties etc. (duh).
B) the purest bliss when you most need it, christmas/new years and all it's festive glory just make everyone happier and more loving. 
C) only a week. Having less free time only makes you want to enjoy it more by doing the things that you love (hence the spontaneous getaway to the snow this week). 
ANYWHO, this giddy mood I am rambling on about has definitely rubbed off onto my style lately that is for suresies. I have been shopping non stop for the past week as is expected during December (I am a product of American culture, blame mass media, not me)  and have literally bought nothing but playful skirts, sequined jackets, and  flowing dresses... all of which are anything but bland and simple. This polka dot dress Marisa wears below is just that, ultra girly and classic with a fitted bust while still remaining modern with the short short/tight bottom and blatant print.  I feel like polka dots are always to be worn in the best of moods, and with the navy sheer top over it and a metallic pink belt to wrap it all up, it seems to just work in quirky way.
Hasta la vista ladies of the world,
Gabriella

No comments:

Post a Comment