Monday, December 20, 2010

Ballet Beauty

     I saw the acclaimed Black Swan yesterday and can't even sufficiently express my reaction to the film. Cinematography wise, it was one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen, wether she was drugged in a club or on stage as the white swan it was very well done (on top of that the score was beyond phenomenal, I'm considering buying it for myself for christmas...). Despite these good aspects however, some of the gruesome, violent, and sexual parts could have been toned down a bit and I definitely had to close my eyes and cower in my seat with Theresa during a lot of the movie. Natalie Portman shined as usual and was just as brilliant as ever, so deserving of that Oscar nom, and I could not have been more inspired by her wardrobe. Her looks all consisted of loose, lightweight,  and neutral dance pieces, yet they all looked impeccably chic and effortless on her. All I want to wear now are jersey skirts and little slippers, and below are some of my favorite renditions of the outfits worn in the film.
-G

Pucci ballet flats, $156
Calvin Klein flats, $149
Bassike skirt, $42
CLU dress, $53
Forever21 skirt, $17
Alice + Olivia cropped shirt, $38
Unisa Blondie flats, $30
Jack BB Dakota skirt, $38
A photo of Natalie Portman from the film (IMDB)

No comments:

Post a Comment