Friday, November 26, 2010

I am Love-ing Jil Sander


 Two of my favorite looks from the film


So I finally had time to sit down and watch I am Love with my mother night before last after wanting to see it and hearing all about it from a good friend. . .Oh. My. Goodness. Gosh. Gracious. I have never seen a movie more beautifully made, aesthetically thrilling or more visually delightful. The cinematography was incredible. I'm listening to the soundtrack as I'm writing this and it is beyond inspiring.When it first came out, I saw tons of articles buzzing about the amazing wardrobe and the always talented Tilda Swinton, and after having seen it about 6 months after the fact, (my delayed viewing mostly due to the R rating) I feel a need to accumulate an all Jil Sander wardrobe. The impeccable lines, vibrant colors and classic silohuettes are completley enviable and flattering. With regards to the R-ness. . .my mom and I were able to skip through because we ordered it on Netflix so I can't vouch for those bits. The essential message is that of Tilda's character's liberation, and throughout the entire  movie, the audience is able to  visually experience each step in that transformation through her clothing. The ending is breathtaking but I won't spoil it for those who haven't yet been able to see it. . .I wholeheartedly recommend experiencing this!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment