Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Parlez-vous français?

Yesterday I was lucky enough to get to see Midnight in Paris with my twin/bestie and her adorable mom and sister. My twin is basically French herself, because she's actually been to the City of Light and can speak some French. (thanks to the fine foreign language department at our high school) I won't even get into how cool her dad's job is, but basically it allows her parents to jet off to Paris to see the French Open. Because that's fair. It's ok, I'll get over it someday. Anyways, back to the film. It's enough to make any skeptical American an instant Francophile. With an incredible cast, great wardrobe and the most charming signature song, the movie captures the idea of nostalgia in a compelling, yet almost tongue-in-cheek way.


P.S. We (by we I mean, my twin) made vanilla macaroons with boysenberry buttercream yesterday after the movie. Super super delicious. Easily comparable to Bottega Louie or Ladurée in taste. Speaking of Ladurée, their website is beyond cute. Take a peek here.

the almost finished product



Love this song from (500)Days of Summer and as it happens, Carla Bruni is in Midnight in Paris 




-Marisa


No comments:

Post a Comment