Thursday, June 30, 2011

No Walls




hurricane drunk





















I've recently been searching for the right pair of colored jeans (bright or muted, I haven't decided yet). They have all of the versatility of standard issue blue denim, but with the instant statement of an unexpected color. This look is centered around these exuberant Current/Elliot jeans. (I couldn't resist those cheetah brogues) I  love adding super glam jewelry like these totally major diamond earrings to an otherwise laid-back outfit. To me, dressing in an expressive, interesting way always means maintaining a certain amount of contrast or tension. A.k.a never look like you could be in head-to-toe of any brand or like you are in a catalog. Unless that catalog is J. Crew. Shoutout to Jenna Lyons!

Blatant shoutouts aside, I think at this point in time everyone has heard or heard of Florence and the Machine. Not to sound like a wannabe hipster, but I'd like to say that I'm part of the group that knew about her before a lot of other kids, and get slightly (if unjustifiably) annoyed when people who consider Dynamite by Taio Cruz to be a great song suddenly claim that Dog Days Are Over (by Florence and the Machine) is their favorite song everrr. My point in ranting was to say that although I think she deserves all of the credit and fame she is getting for songs like Dog Days, some of her lesser known songs deserve a little listening to as well.
Hence. . .



-Marisa



No comments:

Post a Comment