Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sydney Fashion Week inspires

Isn't just the greatest when you find one snapshot that encapsulates everything you currently love and everything you hope to emulate? This sort of picture seems to jump out and say Hey, I get you. It seems to almost fully represent you as a person. This reminds me of a certain Gatsby quote:
"It faced-or seemed to face-the whole external world for an instant, and then concentrated on you with an irresistible prejudice in your favor. It understood you just as far as you wanted to be understood, believed in you as you would like to believe in yourself." 

I digress. . .I'm not referring to Gatsby's charismatic smile here, and I'm only talking about one street style picture out of gazillions of street style pictures.

In case you haven't already guessed. . .here is my example of said snapshot:


from http://www.style.com/
I'm not sure is there is anything I dislike about this look, but alas here is what I adore:

1. the vibrant coral/tomato of her sweater and pants
2. the impeccable high-waisted fit of the pants
3. stripes. need I say more?
4. the apparent, but not in-your-face pointy collar
5. the statement cocktail rings
6. the sturdy handbag
7. her hair. . . could it be any more gorgeous. I'm always envious of a well-executed middle part, and her tousled waves are so nonchalant. In the best way possible.

-Marisa

No comments:

Post a Comment